Another month has passed and our world continues to change. In addition to COVID-19 and all of its ramifications, we now have riots and protesting across America. It is easy to get discouraged. However, let me remind you of two verses that you potentially memorized as a child:
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)
It is comforting to know that we can “trust in the Lord.” He is eminently trustworthy. When life is overwhelming and the world is uncertain, let us refuse to “lean on our own understanding” and instead, “trust in the Lord.”
Please join us in prayer this month:
- Continue to pray for the Totman family (pictured above) as they transition from Budapest, Hungary to Winter Haven, FL. David has accepted the call to be the Senior Pastor of Faith Baptist Church in Winter Haven. Lord willing, they will arrive in Florida later this month.
- Pray for Koku & Akpene Akakpo as they work to building up their team of Ministry Partners. They have currently raised about 60% of the support they need to live and minister in Togo. Pray that they will be at 100% very soon.
- Pray for some of our missionaries that have significant health needs. Some are anticipating surgery in the very near future.
- Pray for Kathy Miller. She has a plane ticket to travel home to Michigan from West Africa this summer. Pray that she will be able to travel without any restrictions or delays and will be able to return to Sahel Academy in time for the beginning of school in the fall.
- Pray for Joe & Amy Marshall. They are in the US on home assignment and have begun travelling to report to their churches and supporters. Pray that God will provide an additional $1,000 in monthly support before they return to Benin later this year.
- I often ask you to pray for our “unspoken requests.” These usually represent significant needs in the lives of our missionaries that they often cannot share publicly. We currently have several situations that are in desperate need of pray. Please pray fervently for these needs this month. Pray that God will work mightily in the lives of our missionaries and their families.
We praise God for you. Our missionaries are able to do what God has called them to do because of you. Thank you so much for your faithful partnership with FBM. Please let me know if there is ever any way that we can serve you.
May God richly bless you.