In Psalm 9:1-2, David writes,
“I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and exult in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.”
We serve a great God! He has done innumerable “wonderful deeds.” Our responsibility is to “be glad and exult” in Him. We are to “sing praise” to His name. This month, we have many reasons to praise the name of God.
- On Saturday, February 26th, I was able to visit with Rich & Anna Marshall. It was so encouraging to see them in person. While he still has a long road ahead of him, he is healing. I was reminded to Praise God for miraculously sparing Rich’s life. Additionally, I praise God for His amazing provision. Some of you will remember that we sent $30,000 to Mali to help Rich & Anna with their medical bills. God his miraculously provided over $31,000 to help us replenish our Missionary Encouragement Fund. These funds are used to help us meet the needs of our missionaries.
- On Saturday, February 5th, Sarah Mincey returned home. Praise God for His timing in bringing Sarah home. Since returning home, the school where she served has now evacuated all of its personnel. Pray for the situation in Eastern Europe. Pray for peace and for Christ to be magnified.
- On Saturday, March 12, I will be flying to Africa for two weeks. I will travel to Nigeria for the funeral of our missionary David Jacobs. Then, I will travel to Togo for a few days with our missionaries Koku & Akpene Akakpo. Praise God that I have received all of my visas. Pray that God will work out all of the logistics of the trip. Pray for my family as I travel.
Additionally, here are a few prayer requests. Praise God – He already know each and every one of these needs and is in control of all of these situations. Yet, Scripture still instructs us to “Pray without ceasing.” (1 Thess. 5:17)
- Pray for Colin & Teena Ovenell and their family. In just a few weeks, they will travel home from Benin for a time of furlough. Their first few weeks in the US are already filled with speaking engagements, vacation, and travel. Pray for them as they make the transition from Benin to Washington state.
- Tim & Janice Phillips continue to prepare for their upcoming furlough. Pray that they will find someone to cover their responsibilities in Niger while they are in the US.
- Several of our missionaries are dealing with difficult extended family situations. Some of these situations involve unsaved family members. Pray for the salvation of the lost!
I encourage you to stop for a moment and “give thanks to the Lord with your whole heart.” He has done so much. Let us be faithful to praise Him for His wondrous deeds.
Another one of God’s wondrous deeds is His amazing provision for FBM and our missionaries. Thank you for so much for your faithful partnership in the Gospel. Your support of our missionaries is a wonderful blessing and encouragement. Please contact us if we can ever serve you or your church in any way.