About the Opportunity
Although we are able to find local Christian nursing assistants to meet our current needs, we do not have enough highly trained staff, and there are few local Christians with higher levels of health care training who can fill these roles. We are praying for God’s leading regarding additional medical missionary staff. Training Beninese Christian healthcare staff will be a key focus of any medical missionary, in order to promote a locally-sustainable ministry. Additional medical missionary personnel could potentially fill several roles:
- General patient care, allowing more patients to be treated and more people to hear the gospel
- Maternity care, allowing our medical personnel to share on-call responsibilities in order to run a 24-hour maternity service
- Surgical care or specialty care, allowing us to provide valuable services that we currently lack training or resources to provide
- Expanded non-clinical ministries, including but not limited to visiting patients at home, public health education in the villages around Boïffo, follow-up evangelism and discipleship of new believers after they leave the clinic, or evangelistic outreaches into other villages in the area.
- New clinical ministries, such as regularly scheduled mobile clinics in villages around the region or opening of satellite clinics in other villages that refer complicated patients back to Boïffo.