Psalms 9:1-2 “I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.”
With Thanksgiving upon us and the end of the year looming, it gives us reason to pause and thank of all the Lord has done for us in 2021. There are five things we are grateful for:
- God’s Provision: God has shown His hand in a lot of different ways this year. We saw His timing in getting a team to Mexico to help paint the new Married Student Housing building. We saw His guidance when Chris and Diane Marines’ truck broke down while ministering in New Hampshire. And we saw His hand of protection over our team in Benin that had to suddenly evacuate the North. These are just a few times God has helped lead and protect us during the year.
- Our Supporters: Our missionaries have over 1,500 individuals or families and over 250 churches that partner with us. Because of the generous giving of our supporters we were able to complete several missionary projects that was featured in last year’s End of the Year Rope and we now have new opportunities of ministry through support for West Africa Relief Fund. Many of our supporters reach out to our missionaries to give encouragement and we can see the answers to prayers lifted up by these individuals. We are thankful and encouraged by all of you.
- Our Missionaries: We are thankful for our missionaries. They answered God’s Call in their life to leave their comfort and go into a foreign land to preach the gospel. Some overcoming their own limitations to pursue the purpose they feel God has in their life. God has also added three new missionaries to our family: Dean & Sylvia Hebron, Rob & Jackie Ernst and Sarah Mincey.
- Our Board: Our board members devote their time, energy, and resources to serving our Lord and the missionaries of FBM. Every month they receive personal prayer requests from our missionaries and spend hours in prayer over them. They personally engage with our missionaries and they truly love and care for each one.
- Our leadership: Our President (Stephen Simpson) and Vice President of Missionary Care (Chris Marine) love our missionaries and our missionaries know it. Stephen and Chris will take the time to talk to them through situations and give them guidance. These men will put aside personal plans to attend funerals of missionaries’ loved one, they travel to missionary’s homes to help with remodels or overseas to encourage missionaries whether through difficult times or just to visit. We are so grateful to have them as leadership in our agency.
God continues to bless FBM. We are excited to see how God leads 2022.